Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Description Of A Beach

As the golden beaming sun slide down the horizon, the sky and sea merged into one. The clouds facing the ocean was a dark shade of purple and had shades of pink and was fluffy like a cotton candy. The sun shone its beams onto the clouds, giving them their yellow and orange crowns. The rocks in the distance turned black as charcoal and seemingly floated on the surface of the sea. They imprinted onto the background as if they merged into one with the sunset. The silent splashing of the silky waves which throbbed in my ears brought me closer to the sea. From afar, the sea was a mirror which reflected the colours of the sky. There were patches of crimson and lemon yellow which painted the sea. As I went closer, the soft breeze blew across the surface of the sea making the waves splash across the sand. I felt both warm and cooling as I bent down to touch the water; the water was as warm as the cuddle of a mother's hug while the wind was cool as a summer's breeze.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ivan,

    When I first read your description, I practically loved it! Really I'm not joking! (: What I really admire about your description is how you manage to weave all of the sentences into one final, linked piece. Parts of your description which I really liked includes how you described the sea as a mirror reflecting the colours of the sunset. I also really enjoyed your word choice like "silky waves", "imprinted" and "crimson", these words really appealed to me. :) All in all, good job! :D

    Cheers,
    Raphael

    ReplyDelete